Radiation Lab Closure


When your lab has stopped using radioactive materials and there are no plans to use radioactive materials in that area again, your lab will need to be "closed out." "Close out" procedures are also followed if your laboratory is moving to a different location and/or your lab space is being remodeled.

To "close out" your lab, please contact your Radiation Analyst or other Radiological Health Department staff at 581-6141, dispose of any remaining radioactive waste by submitting a waste pick-up request, and contact us if you need to surplus any equipment that generates radiation or has radioactive material associated with it.

Please use this form as a guide and as a notification of intent to close out lab for radiation and/or chemical use:
Laboratory Relocation/Close form (PDF)

You may also find the following information useful: